The 3 of us

The 3 of us

Monday, May 16, 2011

Holy Smokes. It's been 2 months

I knew it had been a while but didn't know it had been 2 months since an Emme post came about.  As usual, so much has happened.  The saddest part of the last 2 months was Sissy (a.k.a. Blue to the rest of you) had to be put to sleep.  It was so fast and honestly so unexpected at that very moment but totally the right thing to have done for our most loving companion we've ever had.  We all know Blue was the most awesome dog for our family and she'd been with us for everything big in our lives.  We got married after we had her, she's lived in Atlanta, moved to Huntsville, had a stint in Priceville with Mimi and Opa and of course, was here with us when the biggest and most awesome blessing on Earth happened.  The birth of Mary Elizabeth Speaks.  Boy, did she love Emme.  She loved to kiss her and she loved it when Emme started eating table food!  Blue will forever hold a special place in our hearts.  May you continue to Rest in Peace.

We went to Gatlinburg the day after Blue was put down.  It came at a great time for us and we really had a nice time in the Smoky's.  Honestly, I could do without Gatlinburg but the mountains, etc were gorgeous.  We went to the Ripleys Aquarium, Cades Cove, and just relaxed.  




 Playing with sticks, errrrrrr matches.  It's safe, right?

The view from our cabin.  Not so shabby to wake up to in the morning and go to sleep to at night!
Easter has come and gone and I am ashamed to say we did not get any pictures of Emme in her beautiful Easter dress.  Well, actually I think Heather did - and the beauty of Facebook allows me to download it.

Mother's Day has come and gone as well, and boy was it special.  Emme and Daddy made my Mother's Day gift this year.  I'll have to admit, that just about beats any jewelry Chuck could buy for me.  I'll take homemade gifts any day of the week.  I'd post a picture of that, but Cici hasn't received hers yet and I'd hate to spoil it for her!

I'll just post a few pictures that have been taken lately...as in the last few weeks.  She's growing like a weed.  Not getting fat, getting tall!  Emme is beginning to really become opinionated.  And for all you people, YES, I KNOW WHERE THIS COMES FROM!  But, I like it.  And yes, you will all remind me that I admitted to this in her teenage years.  Ugh.  Don't.want.to.think.about.it!  One of her favorite things now a days is to tell us what song she wants to sing.  We sing Bumblebee, Row Row Row Your Boat, and BaaaaBaaaaa Black Sheep.


At Brown Farms picking (I mean eating) strawberries.  For someone that didn't like strawberries before this excursion, we now have a strawberry lover on our hands.  Obviously she has good taste, only straight from the vine for this girl!

Walks are so tiring.  Shouldn't it be me, Daddy, or Bubba in the stroller with our feet up?

Sweet girl on Mother's Day playing with mulch.





















Fort Emme was completed and it pretty much rocks.  I don't have any pictures of it quite yet - we enjoy swinging briefly.  We really enjoy being up in the fort and playing PeePie.

Well, I'll try not to wait another 2 months before posting again.  I know everyone, especially the followers are waiting with bated breath :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment